Monday, January 09, 2006

This is it...

I take off from Wichita in less than 12 hours.  I'm not even really nervous right now, which surprises me.  I guess it's because there's not much I can do.  I've packed, and anything I don't have, I'll do without.  There's nothing I need to do before I leave, just get up and go. 

It will probably hit me on the plane, maybe not even until I'm flying over the ocean.  It's just kind of wierd, this has been something I've talked about for over a year now, and I'm actually going through with it.  It's not just one of those hairbrained schemes I have that never amount to anything.  I'm actually going to Africa to live for two years, HOLY CRAP!!!

I won't be able to post while I'm in training, so there will definitely be a gap of about three months, but no worries, I'll be back on asap.  I'm not sure I'll get to post again before then, so goodbye all, I'll miss you!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll miss you, Jim! There'll be space for you in our new house when you get back. Even if we have to build you a tent in the backyard to ease you back into civilization. :-)

Anonymous said...

By Jimmie, enjoy your trip, and I love the hat.

Bishniak said...

Good Bye Captain.

Tis a pity, I wanted to let you know that Sara & I found a home just in time for you to head out. Guess the news'll wait until April. Be safe

Anonymous said...

I would like to suggest you www.niger1.com a daily updated Niger webpage you can read english on www.niger1.com/english.html
And have fun in Niger

Anonymous said...

got your message, sounds good, no problem with taking care of things back here. All good here, take care and be sure to keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your great adventure. We will keep the home fires burning.

Take care and write often!!!

Jenny

Anonymous said...

grandma said....bring back lots of new things to tell about your new travels. Take care Love you. 1/14/2006 10:38pm

Anonymous said...

Hey hon,
Hope the trip went well and look forward to an update when you can. Enjoy the adventure, and I'm sure you'll do GREAT!! Miss you!
--The wife you left behind. :)

Anonymous said...

Jimmie!!!
I miss you already! I really wish I could have given you one more hug before you headed off! I'll miss you like crazy! If you need anything, just let me know, and I'll send you it! Even your favorite cookies! Love you!
Meghan

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»