Friday, June 01, 2007

Things are looking up a bit

I'm finally starting as RR.  I don't think there's an official start date yet, but i'm just doing it.  I think right now we're just clearing it through washington anyway.  Tomorrow I'm going up to Ayarou with Sangare to do site development.  It's almost all the way to Mali, and I hear they have a fun market on sundays.  I'm also moving in with Michael.  The hostel is driving me crazy, especially when there are so many people in town.  They newest group just got done with a training and are lingering around, and the oldest group is about to have a Close of Service conference, so their here early, and the place can't handle that many people without me going insane, so I will stay at Michael's.  It's nice there.  I moved my stuff out of Sadore the other day on the shuttle.  The hardest part was the cats (she had kittens again) we got the kittens boxed up, but Lefty wouldn't stand for it, so I had to hold her the whole time.  We got there and she wigged out.  She's still around, but I don't think she likes me very much right now.  She'll cope.  I also got the iBook up and running the other day, its nice to have my own machine again.  Turns out I spent two months trying to get a cd that I didn't even need to fix it, it just needed the date set... ARG! Stupid Apple! But it's all better now. 
 
That's about all I know for now. 

3 comments:

hockeyfrog said...

Yay! Just a general Yay!

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetheart!! I miss you! Sorry to hear things are frustrating...for me at work as well, but it all passes eventually. Going to Cedar point this weekend. I'll get a letter written soon. Much love, the wife. :)

AprilinSalone said...

Where the heck are you?

April