Thursday, April 12, 2007

I've turned in my application, and it should be less than a week now until I find out about the RR position. I worry though that it will be delayed because of a training workshop we have next week. The regional trainer is coming in and they want a few pcvs, including me, to participate. It has something to do with improving our new volunteer training and also staff development. Who knows. It will be a nice change though, I'll actually get to sleep in until 7ish or so. This getting up at 6 to catch the ICRISAT bus is getting old.

Dad made a comment the other day. He said that I'm not happy unless I have something to look forward to, some event or change. I guess I never paid attention before, but he's right. I do enjoy the anticipation of events, changes, etc. It's true that when there's nothing to be excited about, or I don't know what's going on in the future, I get very frustrated. As long as I know what's going to happen, and I have some input or control, I'm happy. I enjoy setup and planning, but long term maintainance (read monotonous boredom) doesn't thrill me at all. Take the Hostel for example, it was a challenge, it needed reorganized and updated. I very much enjoyed whipping it into shape and developing a management system, but now I could be happy to give it to someone else. I did all the setup, I just don't want to maintain it. Once something becomes too easy, monotonous, etc, I get bored with it. I don't know why I'm rambling about it, just an insight I've come across.

I think at this point most of my friends are out in the bush and not planning to come in until our meeting in a couple weeks. Michael did move to Niamey though, and is about as bored as I am in the evenings. We've been eating a lot of meat and fry sandwiches and surfing the net a lot. That's my day really; work, bus, meat & fry sandwich, and the internet. If only i could get rid of the first two and turn down the heat!

No comments: