Wednesday, September 13, 2006

In perfect health

No worries, I just got a full checkup and I'm all great.  I told myself I'd go see the doctor when I hit 150 lbs, and I hit it on the nose, but all is good, he just says to eat more and avoid diahrea, LOL.  I feel fine, just wanted to check, haven't been this light since middle school, or maybe even grade school! 
 
Still no news on the camel, and I must appologize, still no pictures.  I really haven't been just hanging out in the village much, with all the stuff going on this month.  I had lots of visitors for my birthday, which was way fun.  We climbed the mesas, and there was a partial lunar eclipse right at dusk.  I had Djibo's wife make some food for us, and in return, they all got to eat good food for free too. 
 
Tomorrow live in starts, the newbies get to their villages for the first time.  They'll spend a week, then go back for a week of training before swearing in.  I'll have to take them out to the village, and probably go check on them a time or two just to make sure everything is going okay.  Then only a week until swear in, and I'll be coming in for that. Then in October, I want to go to Gotheye and visit my friends out there, so that will take a week or so.  There's not much to do in the village though until we get funding for the Grain Bank, so it's not a big deal.  I do need to start my bedding plants for the garden though, and find someone to water them.  Shouldn't be a big deal.
 
April and Anna just got back from Ghana and brought presents :-)  I got a bracelet and a necklace that are both really cool.  It sounds like a blast.  They have great street food there, and the ocean.  I definitely want to check it out one of these days.  Maybe next hot season.
 
Lefty had two kittens, which are about 6 weeks old now.  I think I'll give them to some of the new folks, they'll need pets.  We're also thinking about getting a horse.  Natalie is actioning hers off for the Gender and Development fundraiser and Cathy and I may split the cost.  We'll have to see how high it goes. 
 
My millet is probably ready to harvest, hopefully my villagers haven't pillaged it while I was away.  I need to weigh it to give proper records.  Not much I can do if they did though.  Most of the country is having it pretty hard with the farming season, but my village has been pretty lucky with the rain, and our millet is looking good. 
 
Well, I guess that updates you all for now.  I'll be back in a couple of weeks for swear in, so I look forward to chatting and blogging then. Keep the letters coming! :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

EAT! EAT! EAT! I wish I could give you some of my weight. Glad your healthy! Look forward to coming to see you. Love and Miss you!!!!! MOM

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are really getting into all of the stuff there. Sounds great. 150 pounds? Is there any of you left? Glad to hear you are doing good.
Miss you!!!

Aunt Jenny

Bishniak said...

I remember 150 too. Course that was 8th/9th grade....

Still no word on Joe Camel?

Anonymous said...

Ah 150, that was sometime in college for me. :)Hope your birthday was happy, and we had a turkey leg and pickle in your honor at Ren Fest.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jimmie,

I am so laughing my ass off thinking about you riding a camel. Proud of you!

-Dan M