Thursday, October 19, 2006

Off to Gotheye

Just in for the day, off to Gotheye to see Alison, Alex, and Kurt tomorrow. I came in today because Cathy and I had a meeting about project funding. Both of our projects were funded by Rotary, which is awesome! Barring complications, we will have the money next tuesday when I come back through on the way to HoloBalle.

Our newbies are doing well, better than I was at this point in my service. It's a good thing too, as they'll be in charge sooner than they think! It's only a couple of months before the new group comes in. I'm going to try to be one of the trainers for that group, and I think Sangare will let me. I'm also moving to Icrisat in early January. I have to go sometime before then to Sadore to set up new housing. I'm not sure if I'll go with all grass, or all brick, we'll just have to see.

I told Djibo to check camel prices at market sunday. If they're up, I may as well sell. If I can get some profit for the villagers, that would be great. I might look into a horse when I move.

I think that's all I have for now, will try to put in another update on the way back through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim -- Here's my new e-mail address: philschlee@hotmail.com. I'm "semi-retired" now so have a lot of time on my hands. My "pets" are all fine -- all three of them (Cleopatra, Nammu and Ishtar). I have succeeded in "taming" Ishtar -- which is quite an accomplishment. She's still somewhat wild, but at least I can handle her without getting bitten. I believe her species grows to 9 inches! Send me an e-mail when you get a chance.